#thisgamesowhite

Please include characters of different ethnicities in your next update. This game is so white I feel guilty using it. I don’t understand how in 2019 things like this happen. I hope it is out of ignorance and not racism. Please be more inclusive in your representation. You seem to have users in multiple counties I’m sure many of them are not white and would appreciate heroes that look more like them. Mahalo.

Relax, this is just a game. And the game devs are not American either.

This is the wierdest thing i read here.

1 Like

@Jacq I’m sorry if you are feeling this way as we have no intention for racism. The character is white simply because white goes well with all other color combinations.

1 Like

It’s not weird & I’ve often thought the same thing. I find it very difficult to recommend this game to my friends because there are no darker skinned characters. As an artist, I do also notice that the style and colour scheme of the game would make that difficult to see. But I think it’s still possible to make it work. There are a few classes that still haven’t been released, so I’ve been hoping we might get a few darker skinned heroes whenever that ends up happening.

I’ve always thought it might be fun to do a hero design contest or something along those lines. Might be a fun way to get some new heroes into the game. (The end result would still be drawn for the game by the company artist, but based on the winning design)

3 Likes

I was glad to hear there was no intentional exclusion going on here but I still think it would be great if you could include characters of other ethnicities in a future update.
People of color are often underrepresented in media esp I’ve noticed in video games.
Also when you think about it from a marketing (money making) perspective it just makes sense to have more diversity and widen your appeal.

Haven’t really thought of it during battles. As for profile, I use a blue pet - Smurf is the best race to have in a game, no debate! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m guessing it’s a bit harder to make dark skin since the game background is dark. Personally I don’t care either way, they’re all cartoons to me, but if others care, it makes sense… And if we have a few artists in the community, a design contest (as Blainemuffin suggested) could be fun :slight_smile:

1 Like