Guild members communication

Can we talk to guild members? It is really hard that we cannot communicate to each other

2 Likes

We are considering this option.

The reason we didn’t implement in the first place is that the games that has a chat system normally ends up using an external communication channel like discord, or facebook groups.

But then you have to force to people sign up at different chat services just to be able to talk to each other.

1 Like

Please consider it further. Guild chat would be so useful. That will be especially true if you implement more guild activities in the future.

I don’t want to use external chat services within the game, and I won’t. I know I’m not alone in thinking this way.

P.S. I deleted Facebook, for what it’s worth. I’m not the only one who has done that either. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I suggest an official Shikudo discord - and then guilds with over X # of members can request an admin create a voice channel and role or those guild leaders. Will also help with user retention.

1 Like

I personally prefer internal services, but even if that’s the case, a way to send a short in-game message would still help as a first way to contact and greet new players.

Even with a low character limit, you could at least say “Welcome to guild! join us on the forum or … to chat” or send an inactivity warning.

1 Like