Fitness Plan Reward missed because of sync issue

I missed my Fitness Plan Reward because of Fitness RPG not being able to sync with Google Fit.
My sync routine is as follows:
Garmin Watch > Garmin Connect > Health Sync > Google Fit > Fitness RPG.

That usually works great and if I need the steps done in the last few minutes now, I can just sync my watch using the Garmin Connect App and then transfer that progress over to Google fit with a forced Health Sync.
I was able to confirm that this still works by checking the Google Fit Steps and make sure they were counting after syncs.

Only Fitness RPG didn’t want to sync my steps from yesterday (it’s 0:21 now) when I tried it since 11:40pm even though it still worked in the morning.
To try and fix it, I switched servers and followed the tutorial until it asks me how to sync. I chose Google Fit but it never synced.
Finally, I deleted the access to my Google Fit for Fitness RPG and forced Fitness RPG to re-authenticate with my Google Fit using the tutorial. After a while, it worked.
It was already past midnight though.
I got my step chests for yesterday but I missed my Fitness Plan chest.
I hoped, the Fitness Plan reward would also be rewarded retroactively but it isn’t, which is a real bummer because I can really use the current bonus chest (30 of yellow and green fit stones) and the energy I’m missing now.

Is this intentional? Everything else can be received retroactively.

I’m on Server Center Town, if that matters.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can I please grab your game id for investigation? Please send it to mars.zhu@shikudo.com for a faster response.

Thank you for your patience!
Mars