It is possible to move to a higher league when your arena’s team power is below the highest level guard in your current league.
Found that out the hard way today! Hahaha!
It would be interesting to know what I did to trigger it. I have a few theories, for what they are worth.
- Game looks at how many hoarded resources you have and figures out what would happen if you spent them.
- Game looks at your heroes that aren’t in your arena team, and decides what would happen if you swapped a stronger hero in.
- Game looks at your winning percentage in your current league.
- Game looks at your pets, even though they aren’t included in your arena team’s power rating.
- Game looks at your active skill upgrades and factors those in.
- Game looks at your strongest arena hero and thinks it is too powerful for the current league.
- Game decides things differently, once you reach League D (where you can win an outfit).
- Game looks at your player level vs. guard level.
All of those would apply to me, so I may never know what exactly triggered it. All I can say for sure is that my arena team’s listed power was definitely well below the strongest guard’s listed power, and I was bumped to the next league up anyway.
This is not a complaint. Factoring everything in, I think justice was served. I would like to have not been bumped for one more season, but I crossed the invisible line. Finding the invisible line worked for all the previous seasons, but not this one. It’s all good!