Game Crashed on Home Screen

On my iPad, I clicked on the Arena and the game got stuck. It wasn’t completely frozen. The clouds were flickering on and off repeatedly and quickly. I took this screenshot before exiting. So, I’m guessing it is a user interface bug. Not a lot to go on, but at least it’s better than nothing.

This would be a good time to remind everyone to manually save the game fairly often. It’s easy to get complacent, since this game crashes very rarely. I play a lot and this is the first crash I’ve seen in a very long time.

Fortunately, my game was manually saved shortly before it happened. Near as I can tell, I’ve lost nothing. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. I’ve made multiple attempts to recreate the bug, but it is elusive.

Update:

On my iPad, I clicked on the Arena and the game got stuck again. Slightly different behavior this time. I lost the top bar. Afterwards, the bottom row buttons animated when I clicked on them but did not do anything. Was forced to close the app. No data lost though, since I recently saved. :slightly_smiling_face:

So anyway, I’ve had it crash twice fairly recently, and both times were when I was clicking on the arena. I can’t remember for sure what I did just before it, but I think it might have been while the home screen was loading (as I was coming back from some other screen). I was very quick to click on the arena the instant it appeared. Perhaps too quick? Maybe the home screen wasn’t fully loaded? Maybe that’s what caused it to crash? Just a thought. :thinking:

Both crashes happened under very similar circumstances. I had just finished doing all my daily tasks (except for syncing 500 steps since I sync the first 10,000 steps all at once and haven’t walked them yet). I was clicking through everything to double check that I had done all the tasks. Might just be a coincidence, but that’s the only way clicking on the arena has crashed for me. The other times I’ve clicked on the arena have all been fine.

@Rhandar thank you for letting us know. We have also seen this random behavior since the new update but cannot find a consistent way to reproduce issue. We’ll keep an eye on this one.

1 Like