Did not receive purchases

@marspark I purchased the Warlock outfit set and the glyph set from the shop but did not receive them.

Can someone please look into it for me?

xmy7gm

@Ewe_Gnomee thank you for contacting us. I’ve sent over the missing resources to your account and some additional crystals for the trouble you’ve gone through. Happy walking!

I tried to buy the new pack in the shop with the glyphs. Each time it said there was a connection error and the purchase could not be made. But I got an email saying I was charged for the purchase. Can I get the items I was charged for?

@marspark I also didn’t receive the glyph package. I, stupidly, purchased the prudence glyph twice thinking the first time that it was a connection error on my part and not yet another glitch on your part. Apple charged me 20 bucks for a big load of nothing. Please rectify this! Power tablet ID pq9m3b

@SaMindy may I please grab your game id?

@PieNSky I’ve sent the missing resources to your mail with some additional crystals for the trouble you’ve gone through. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you very much for your support! Happy walking!

Dear Marspark,

I purchased the new Glyph pack from the store tab at approx 10:30 pm EST on March 25th 2019 for user pq9vw4.

I Keyed my password once & heard the successfull apple chime . It still shows 0/2 and I did not received anything.

I will await for the apple statement, but Please investigate via the backend in the meantime & resolve this issue.

Thank you @marspark!

I’ve found 1 purchase, have sent it through :slight_smile:

Thanks for the prompt resolution

573ygn is my id. Thank you for the help.

My ID is 573ygn. Thank you @marspark

@SaMindy I’ve sent the packages to your account. And some additional crystals for the trouble you’ve gone through.

Happy walking and thank you for your patience